Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Photo Contest Announced

(via)

Sometimes things just fall into place.  Today is one of those days.  Here's why.   For months now, I've known I wanted to include furry four-legged canine friends into the Eiden Photography summer photo contest this year.  I found the prize gift months ago and have been holding out on running the contest for timing sake.  As you know, from my last post, a favorite canine client just passed away this week.  Earlier today, some Facebook fans reminded me (again), my summer photo contest is a little overdue.  So I knew I wanted to run a contest, I knew I wanted to do it around the 4th, I knew I wanted a "man's best friend" theme, BUT, I didn't want to run a contest just for the sake of a contest.  And then I saw the poster shown above. Instantly, it all came together.  So, wait no longer, read on for details.


Rules & Guidelines:
 
1.  Anyone can enter.

2. You can only enter one photo.  If you didn't take the photo, give credit where credit is due.  You must have permission from the photographer to enter a photo on their behalf.

3.  A dog has to be in the photo, but it does not have to be your dog.

4.  The photo needs to be a "summertime" shot, no dogs in the snow please.  I encourage you to include photos with a patriotic feel to them, although it is not required.

5.  Enter your photo by posting your jpg on the Eiden Photography Facebook Wall, then share the "Dog Bless You" link on your own personal wall.

6.  You have until next Monday, July 4th to upload your images. I will post a few of my favorite canines to help inspire you as well (not included in contest).  The winner and prize will be announced on Tuesday, July 5th.

I am hoping Paulie's family will accept my request to be the judges of this contest and choose a winner in honor of Paulie. (Read here for the back story)  In addition, Eiden Photography will match every photo entry submitted to the contest with a $1 donation to explore.org in support of their Dog Bless You campaign. Start telling your friends and let's see how much we can do! This is a wonderful drive that aims to team up service and companion dogs with veterans suffering from PTSD.  You can read more about how dogs can help soldiers here.  For another way to contribute, head on over to the Dog Bless You on Facebook, and click "like".  For every 5000 likes, a service dog will be donated to a soldier.  The Facebook drive only lasts through Monday, July 4th, so go click now! 

I can't think of a better way to enjoy summer, celebrate the 4th patriotically, and pay tribute to one of my favorite clients, can you!?  So, on your mark, set, UPLOAD!!!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment